Are you planning your next road trip with friends? Surely, you’re excited! You probably already packed. The best thing about road trips is the adventure. Indeed, you can never really be prepared for what’s to come! Spontaneity is what makes road trips fun.
Although we can never be truly prepared for the adventure, it’s still best to try. Pack all the essentials to minimize hassle and maximize fun on your next road trip! Here are the things you need to bring.
For your car
Your car is going to endure all the long, bumpy roads along the way. So you have to make sure it’s prepared for the trip. The last thing you want is for your car to break down in the middle of nowhere, right? Make sure you have these essentials in your vehicle.
- License, registration, insurance. You never know what’s going to happen on the road. You might have missed that one checkpoint when you were planning your trip, or your car might suffer damage along the way. You need these documents to be able to address any vehicle-related issues that might arise.
- User manual. Especially if you’re going to a natural destination or deserted area, you might lose signal or Internet connection. It’s best to go old school and have your user manual in case you can’t run to Google to help fix your vehicle problems.
- Spare tire. The long, bumpy roads might take a toll on your tire. Make sure you have one or two spare ones with you. Check if all your tires are in good condition. Stop by the gas station to use the air compressor and air dryer before leaving.
- Car emergency kit. Pack all the tools you need for your car. It’s hard to find a repair shop in the middle of nowhere, so you might have to address the problem on your own.
For your fanny pack
When going on a road trip, you need to carry some essentials with you wherever you go. These are the things you need in your fanny pack.
- Map. In case you get lost, have a map to help you find your way. There are mobile apps where you can access maps even when you’re offline.
- First aid kit. Accidents are unavoidable, so it’s best to be prepared for them. Have medicines, band-aids, tissue, bug spray, and other basic supplies ready at all times.
- Flashlight. As they say, time flies when you’re having fun. It’s easy to lose track of time when you’re on an adventure. So keep a flashlight ready in case you need to travel after dark.
- Water. Keep yourself from being dehydrated after a long walk or hike. Might as well bring some snacks with you.
For your comfort
You might need some extra things to keep you comfortable so you can continue to enjoy the rest of the trip. Here are some essentials to pack:
- Sweater. Even with the sunny weather, it might get a little cold at night. Have an extra sweater just in case.
- Toiletries. Watch your hygiene even during a big adventure.
- Refillable water bottle. Lay off the plastic bottles and save on expenses too.
- Baby wipes. There might be times that won’t permit you to take a long refreshing shower. But baby wipes will help you freshen up.
- Extra clothes. Don’t worry about getting down on the dirt! But make sure you have clothes to change in.
Make the most out of your road trip by packing these essentials. That way, you don’t have to worry about unforeseen incidents or unexpected situations. Mind your safety and comfort, but most of all, don’t forget to have fun!